At GameGorillaz, the stars that keep us running, are our Developers and Designers. And so is Alexander Spivak, an experienced class designer with specific medieval interests in designing. Apart from being a designer, Sasha loves to write and spend time with kids and family.
Visit him here..
We had a word with him, and this is what he said..
- Tell us something about yourself. What makes you different from the other designers on board?
Hmmm.. To answer this question I first need to know the others. 🙂
I am trying to make what I like, not what I think will be selling better. I am learning new things, and earning to make things better. Actually without this, work was too boring. And for me, to be boring just unacceptable, it’s a pain. 😉
- What pulled you into this genre of technology?
It was in 1995 when I started to deal with computer graphics. One of my friends pushed me into this. In 1998, I started to learn 3D MAX and Maya in 2000…
- What are your modeling types? Organic or inorganic?
I make everything. Not only modeling. I also make textures and animations.
- Your works that we observed shows your keen interest in a medieval kind of designing. What draws your interest into this?
I just like to make old kind things, plates, armor, clothes.
But in real life, I prefer to use modern things. 😉
- How long have you been working into designing? Do you work on this full time or part time?
I am free artist and freelancer. I am working full time, from home, 6 days a week. I have been in the profession for 20 years.
- What have been the challenges that you faced on your trail across the platform?
It’s hard to be in mainstream when working alone. So the biggest problem, is to stay updated with the newest of things.
- What is the kind of softwares/tools that you use?
Right now, I am using 3D MAX, Character Studio, Z-Brush and Photoshop.
- What is your most inspirational dream project? Your most accomplished project/s?
I am a writer as well and have written 3 fantasy books; and I want to bring my stories to public using the video games media, which in my opinion, is the most attractive way to tell a story to people. I hope to start next year with my own project, when first book will be transected into English.
- What is your take on the future of gaming and technology?
In near future, virtual reality will be mixed with “real” reality. 😉 Hologram technology will make this possible. So the virtual world will be mixed with real one. We will play, communicate, love and hate virtual characters like with real people. 🙂
Games will become deeper, more interesting, more interactive and more real. They will try to find answers to serious questions about life, love and death. Just like literature and movies. Video Games Age has just started. 🙂
- Out of the multiple platforms available, why did you pick on GameGorillaz?
It was easy to deal with you. You were friendly and helpful. I hope it will be profitable. Let’s see.
- What are the other things you like to do, apart from being a techno-savvy?
I like to play AAA PC video games. I have a family and children. I like fresh water fishing.
- Could you quote something that you would want other budding designers coming on board with us?
Only one thing! People do the best when they do something they like to do. 🙂
Here’s some of his works..
If you’re also a Developer, or a Designer, join GameGorillaz today; and who knows you could be featured next..